Holy Nail

Cardinal Alfredo Ildefonso Schuster, Archbishop of Milan, giving blessings with the reliquary of the Nail, 1938, probably on May 3, the Feast of the Invention of the True Cross. According to tradition, the Emperor Constantine received two fragments of the Holy Nail from his mother Helena, which were placed in his helmet or crown and in a horse harness. This second fragment is venerated in the Milan cathedral to this day.