The Altar of the Chair of Saint Peter in the good old days. The work was done in 1666 by Giovanni Lorenzo Bernini commissioned by Urban VIII. He innovatively used honey glass to create the center of Gloria, in which the image of the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove is visible in the middle. Below is the proper reliquary of St. Peter’s Chair, over which two angels hold a tiara and keys. At the very bottom one can see the altar with the sedilla standing on the epistle side: unfortunately after the Second Vatican Council it was destroyed.